Monday, October 13, 2008

My Angel...The Bully




Vince is the sweetest, cuddliest, huggiest, little man. He can be so tender and gentle and caress your face with his tiny little hand. Ten minutes later that little hand has left its impression on me. What's up with that? Tonight I had the pleasure of having dinner with some friends and their children, 3 girls all older than Vince and a little boy a year younger. Vince was great. Playing, and being so gentle with their cats. And through the course of the evening he made almost all of those sweet girls cry. He was such a bully! Actually, I think the term I'm searching for is only-child syndrome! He sets his sights on something he wants and anything or anyone in his way is going to get stepped on, shoved to the side or have their possession yanked away from them. It seems the time outs don't work on this strong-willed little boy and a pop to the behind elicits laughter rather than remorse. I'm hoping these little outings along with attending childcare will help him gain some understanding of the word "share". And me some knowledge on discipline.

No comments: